Broadcast spreaders are seed spreaders that spread granular materials such as grass seeds, fertilizer, lime, ice melt, etcetera. Broadcast spreaders are different from drop spreaders. Why? Because they are not made for the target application. They scatter the material to the front and the side in an arc motion covering more extensive lawn than drop spreaders.
However, it’s tricky to choose the best broadcast spreader for your use with the market’s alley of choice. Depending on your need, consider buying the following broadcasters.
Best Broadcast Spreader Reviews
As you broadcast your grass seeds, some tend to fall in non-lawn areas such as driveways or sidewalks. Therefore, you need a spreader with a means to prevent that. Hence, Scotts 76121 turf builder edge guard mini broadcast spreader will suit you. Why? It has Scotts exclusive edge-guard technology that keeps your products off non-lawn areas.
This product also delivers excellent results when used with grass seeds, Scott’s fertilizers, and Scotts ice melts. Moreover, this product is well calibrated to help measure your lawn product. It also holds 5000 feet squire of Scotts lawn products.
The Scotts turf builder edge guard mini broadcast spreader is compact and has a fold-down handle for easy storage. That is the best broadcast spreader when taking care of the small lawn. Why? Because it is compact and has a small hopper.
- A Scotts product
- Has exclusive Scotts edgeguard technology
- Weighs 1 pound
- Its dimensions are 16 x 20 x 45.25 inches
- Keeps the seeds within the lawn area
- Delivers excellent results with grass seeds and fertilizers
- It’s pre-calibrated and ready to use
- Easy to maneuver and to use in small areas
- Not appropriate to use in large lawn areas
Agri-Fab 45-0462 Push Broadcast Spreader has a poly hopper that is precisely engineered to resist corrosion. This hoper is extra-large to hold lawn product to cover 25,000 square feet or even half an acre.
This coverage is possible because of the solid pneumatic tires that move smoothly and are hard to blast. Therefore, you will cover more ground no matter the size of your lawn. Why? Because the best grass seed spreaders are the ones that are easy to move.
This product has a beveled gearbox and an enclosed taper. The bevel gear helps make a 90-degree turn or negotiate a corner as you spread your grass seeds. Moreover, the tough tools used to make this product are easy to assemble and use. The control assembly regulates the spreading of your grass seed through the steed rod control to ensure good results.
- An Agri-fab product
- Weighs 35 pounds
- one poly hopper
- Two t-handle tubes
- A single spreader impeller
- Single cross brace
- One flow control rod
- Contain a transmission assembly
- Has one stand tube
- It comes with Two hopper support tubes
- A pair of pneumatic wheels
- The assembled product has these dimensions: (L x W x H)- 48.0 x 27.1 x 33.6 Inch
- Solid pneumatic tires cover a large area
- Made of Hard tools that are easy to assemble
- Holds a capacity to cover half an acre
- It has a rustproof Hopper
- Not suitable for tiny lawns
- An expensive product but worth every penny
Lawn-care products such as grass seeds, weed killer, and fertilizer require accuracy, speed, and care during the application, especially when you are in a hurry. AMAZE broadcast spreader will do this trick correctly. For instance, to take care of your lawn, always push it forward as you apply the products.
Amazingly, this is the best seed spreader if you have 10,000 squire feet lawn. Why? This spreader has a hopper that holds lawn-care products to cover up to that ground size. Amaze broadcast spreader is versatile. It can also be used as a rotary spreader.
- An AMAZE product
- Product dimensions: 20.5 x 20.75 x 21 inches
- Weighs 12.59 pounds
- Easy to use
- Holds lawn products of up to 10 000 square feet
- Applies products accurately and quickly
- Takes care of the lawn
- The handle makes it compact
- Potential of spreading off lawn areas
Spreading lawn-care products got a whole lot more comfortable with the Agri-fab 85 lb. tow broadcast spreader. Why? The easy-set controls allow you to apply a precise amount of product to your lawn. Remember, for the best broadcast spreader; precision is essential for professional results.
The smooth-rolling commercial gearbox stands up to heavy-duty use. The hardware is specifically designed to resist corrosion. The hopper holds up to eighty-five pounds of lawn-care products, while the ten-inch pneumatic tires allow you to go anywhere to get the job done.
Agri-fab tow broadcast spreader operates through cable flow control, and you pull behind a tractor. That spreads up to ten feet in width. Also, it has optional accessories such as a hopper cover, grate, and a deflector kit. The hopper cover prevents moisture from getting into the lawn product.
- An Agri-fab product
- Hopper capacity: 85 pounds
- Dimensions: 33 x 22 x 25 inches
- Weighs 17 pounds
- Has 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Precise lawn-care product application
- Gearbox withstands extensive capacity use
- The ten-inch pneumatic tires allow free movement
- Its operation enables ten feet spread; hence it’s fast
- Added optional accessories for safety
- Requires a tractor to pull
- Not appropriate for use in tiny fields
Do you have a one-acre or more yard? Are you looking for the best broadcast spreader for you? Then your search has come to an end. Why? Bring black tow behind-broadcast spreader has a hopper capacity of up to 175 pounds of yard-products. That is enough for an acre and above. The nylon gears are glass-filled and are enclosed fully with nylon gear that offers additional protection.
Amazingly, the parts that come into contact with the product you are applying are protected from rust. How? Heavy polyethylene is used to make the hopper, agitator, and spinner shaft. The additional protection ensures durability.
This product has a patented autoflow pattern that controls the distribution pattern allowing the balanced application. That guarantees a professional result. Moreover, it eliminates burns and wastage of yard-product by turning off the autoflow when the tractor stops.
It comes with a hopper cover to prevent moisture from entering the product. Also, a universal heavy-duty hopper pin to hook up to any rider or tractor. Its nylon gears ensure an even spread of up to twelve feet. This spreader is very stable and easy to assemble.
- 175 pounds hopper
- Push and tow style: tow
- Manufacturer: Brinly Hardy
- Assembled product dimensions: 43 x 29 x 34.25 inches
- made of steel heavy polythene material
- Has patented autoflow with a patten to spread
- Calibration and the spread pattern ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Easy to tow due to the universal hook up
- Large hopper capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Great tires to maneuver easily
- The material used makes the spreader durable
- The spreader expensive but worth it
- Not manual because it requires towing equipment
- Not appropriate for tiny yards
Agri-fab 85 lb pro push spreader features good qualities for the best broadcast spreader. Why? It has a durable hopper and spreader plate that are rustproof. These two are designed to last.
This spreader has 10-inch pneumatic tires that are easy to maneuver. Therefore, you can go anywhere to take care of your yard and get the job completely done. For precision and professional result, the easy-set controls of this spreader will do a fantastic job.
The Agri-fab 85 lb pro push spreader will be the right tool for melting ice, spreading grass seed, etcetera because it is multi-purpose.
- An Agri-fab product
- Dimension of the assembled product: 20″ L x 22.5″ W x 27.5″ H
- 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Assembled product weight 22 pounds
- Operation: Easy cable control
- Made of durable equipment
- Easy to maneuver
- Spreads up to ten feet
- Assembling is easy
- The operation is easy to control
- Appropriate for use in a small yard
- Accessories are sold separately
- This product is costly
Over to You
In conclusion, these reviewed spreaders are ideal for your use. But consider your need first before buying a spreader. Also, consider the size of your yard and the cost of the various spreaders that are available. Some of these broadcast spreaders require towing, while others need pushing. All these are the considerations before concluding.
However, I recommend Scotts 76121 turf builder edgeguard mini broadcast spreader if you want a pulling spreader. If you want a towing spreader, go for Brinly bs36bh, 175 lb, black tow-behind broadcast spreader. These two products are outstanding in their features.